That’s right! I’m laggin a bit behind on my posts, but this was supposed to be posted on August 31/September 1st. But thing is, even if I screwed up big time during almost the entire month of August, I managed to stay on my weight and then lose the final weight by my goal date!
Which by now, it’s been 90+ days of my new lifestyle, in which I’ve lost 33 pounds and gained a lot of condifence, joy and self-love. Most of all I’ve won by losing these pounds, is to realize that I can actually do it as long as I thrive for it, no matter how hard it might seem and above all things, I’ve learn to have consistency and patience, this was the most important teaching. Also, that I don’t need to get over-tired by doing overloads of workout routines while starving myself, this is definitely the most important change in my life right now, after years of battling anorexia I feel like I’ve finally kicked her in the face! FYEAHLOVEYOURSELF! <3
I also need to say that, if I hadn’t wrote everything I’ve wrote on this blog, I don’t think it would’ve been possible for me to do it, and specially when I could read all the stories of all the people I’ve met in here, maybe I haven’t talked directly to, but just knowing them by a few posts, I knew I could relate and somehow gain energy and motivation with them.
Anyway, onto the facts.
- 23 Y/O. Male. Height 1.80 m (5’9”).
- Here are the current status of my journey, as of September 3rd.
- As of today, September 3rd, it has been 90+ days of my new life style.
- Day 0, 89 kgs (195.8 lbs) - Day 90+, 74 kgs (162.8 lbs), total loss of 15 kgs (33 lbs)! <3
- When I started, my BMI was 27.5 which meant I was well behind 25, meaning, Overweight; however my current BMI at 22.5 and my body fat at 21%, woohoo! all within healthy ranges! (excited face).
- It’s still the same as the first day, 1 hour (or so) workout at the beach, pure cardio, jog/run/walk on wet sand/sand dunes/water.
- First day, it took me around 70 minutes, in which 37-40 of them were spent on the first lap on sand, the second lap I had to take it on concrete; I was incredibly tired by the end of the day. The most I could jog/run was between 90-150 steps (yes, I rather count steps instead of minutes or seconds, that’s how I do it).
- Currently, my shortest time is 49 minutes! which means 21 minutes off my first time, also these routines are now done on sand ALL the time, no concrete at all. As for my longest jog/run, I’m just going to say, 2.13 (1.32miles) kilometers in total! which were three laps of .79, .58 and .76!
- The difference between the first and the latest week, the difference between day 1 and day 90, is just ridiculous and I love it, it just shows that the only way is consistency and practice!
- The "staples", the “musts”, every single day, start my day with one golden apple; before AND after workout, one cup of green tea and end my day with a cup of fiber cereal and half or one golden apple.
- The rest of the food I eat it’s nearly completely free of guilt. The only food I try to “avoid” are things like red meat, sausages, sugary drinks, desserts, etc. I try to keep my daily caloric in-take based on the most I can get out of veggies and fruits, whether it might be sugar, fat or anything else, if I can get it from veggies and fruits, I will, if not, it shall be fish. I just try to keep it as healthy as possible. And not obsses over calories, but instead, think of food for what they give to my body, if they give me sugar, fat, or what else. Also keeping in mind that 200 calories of chocolate, 200 calories of butter, 200 calories of apples and 200 calories of fish are NOT the same.
- Don’t obsses. Enjoy all kinds of food.
- The "carb card". Basically, I stay on my “strict” diet only from monday through friday. Then I have what I like to call the “carb card” in which I allow myself for any goodies I want to eat, oreo blizzard, perhaps some fried sushi at 1am, maybe some heavy tacos on a sunday in which I did not workout. Truth is, I refuse to live my entire life eating fresh fruits; don’t get me wrong, I could live off them and nothing else, but eating is also a social activity, and I’m not going out on a sunday to eat fish with veggies with my 20 year old friends, right? Also, the carb card shall be used any moment you want, you get two per week, use wisely!
Losing weight too fast?
- 33 Pounds in 90 days, means 2.5 pounds per week. I’ve read that the most healthy way to lose weight is to lose between .5 to 2 pounds per week. I don’t know exactly how or why I’ve managed to lose (ON AVERAGE) 2.5 per week, maybe I’m burning more calories while I’m working out, since I haven’t found any place where I can calculate my workout routine on the beach; what I’m thinking is that maybe I’m losing around 60-120% more calories than what I’m calculating with my workout routine, that should be the explanation, since the calculations I’ve made were done on links that did not take into account sand/sand dunes/wet sand/water, which I’ve read that cause you to workout more intensely than concrete/gym. There’s also the fact that my day stays quite active whether I workout or not, which probably burns a few more calories that I’m not taking into account.
- Either way, 2.5 pounds is ONLY ON AVERAGE. During the first month I probably lost well around 3 pounds per week, and during this month I probably lost somewhere between 1 to 1.5 per week. Remember that the first pounds come off faster than the later ones.
- Also, I’m male, which I’ve read, we have a much easier time losing weight, and most of the losing weight guides I’ve found/read tend to be female-based.
- And then again, everybody is different, and like I said, I’m very careful of what I eat and I don’t workout more than 1 hour per day, and not daily, I try to take breaks now and then, and sundays are completely off from now on!
- If anybody knows any on these subjects, either beach/sand workout routines or losing weight “too fast”, I’ll greatly appreciate it if you could share any information with me! <3
Where to go from now?
- My current weight goal is to lose another 5 kgs (11lbs), for a total loss of 20 kgs (44lbs) by October 28-31.
- From now, towards October 31, it’s two months, meaning 8 weeks or 60 days.
- That means, losing .62kgs (1.37) lbs per week, well within the healthy ranges.
- That means, by that day, my average weightloss, if I reach the goal, would be 2lbs per week.
- After I reach that goal, I’ll probably have to consume more food, in order to keep up with the calories burnt at my workout routines, for that is one thing I plan on keep on doing.
- October 28th is my birthday, and what best gift to give to myself but to reach my dream weight through healthy habits! But if I can’t do it by that day, maybe I can by October 31! HALLOWEEN! I need to look the hotest on an awesome halloween costume, right!?
If anybody has any comments, feedback, questions, let me know! send me a question or reply here! <3